Monday, October 10, 2011

Highlight of the Day: 10/10/11

I was helping a student with Asperger's on a project.  He starts talking about his iPod, which leads into some interesting views on politics.  Here is what he said as closely and accurately as I can remember it:

"I wish I could afford to update music on my iPod more than once a month.  Being poor sucks.  Take it from me.  If I were President of the United States, I would tax the rich and give everyone in the country $2 billion.  That way, no one would be poor anymore.  I don't wonder what that would do to the deficit.  But I don't care.  I would resign after one term in office.  You know who this country should elect President?  That guy from New Jersey.  He is a fat guy.  American's are all fat.  It makes perfect sense."

Well, it makes more sense than just about anything the Tea Party has ever come up with.

No comments: