Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Highlight of the Day: 3/2/2011

As busy as I am, I don't get to do longer posts as much as I would like to.  So, I am think I am going to try something new that would help me publish material on my blog a little more frequently.  The "Highlight of the Day" is going to be something that happened at my job that simply shares what is going on in my job.  It can be good, bad, interesting, or just plain bizarre.  It really doesn't matter.  I will tell you that most days, it will be short, and to the point.  I won't promise that I will post it everyday, but when I am up for it after work, I will make an effort to put something.  Here is my first highlight of the day:

Today, I got to play a 30-second sample of Bob Marley's Classic Song "Buffalo Soldiers" for my US Social Studies course.  We are finishing a unit on the Civil War, and I gave them a worksheet on the African-American Army infantries with the same nickname.  I thought the song would be a nice addition to the worksheet.  Most of the students liked it, but a few were indifferent.  Only a couple had ever heard of Bob Marley (I was disappointed at that).

Read a little American History, then listen to some Bob.

No comments: