Sunday, March 6, 2011

Highlight of the Weekend: 3/5/2011-3/6/2011

Normally, I will not be writing "Highlights on the Weekend" because the only work-related activities I am usually doing then are working on lesson plans and IEPs. However, I have to share this story.

It is Saturday morning, and I am sitting in my pajamas eating breakfast with my wife.  I get a phone call from a number I do not recognize. It turns out to be the mother of a girl I work with at school. This girl had brought home an electric simulation baby doll for the weekend for her parenting class to see how she takes care of it. It is one of those dolls that mimics the actions and needs of a real baby (crying, hungry, uses the bathroom, etc.)  That morning the baby stopped working, and the girl is freaking out.  I would be to, because those dolls are quite expensive, and the students are held responsible for any damage done to them.  Mom wanted to know if I had a home phone number to contact the teacher of the parenting class.  I didn't have one, and I recommended that she email the teacher, and hopes she checks her email over the weekend, and gets back to you.  I guess I will find out what happens Monday morning. 

No comments: