Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Highlight of the Day: 9/13/2011

Today went really well with the kids.  So far, the kids seem to enjoy my company, or at least tolerate me being there.  I talked with my supervising teacher about my long terms.  I told her that my goal for next year is to be hired as a teacher and to have my own classroom again, which she completely understood, and said she would try to support me in that goal in anyway she can.  And even though the teacher-to-student ratio in this program is small, she is still in need of drastic support in some of the class periods.  Too many students bunched together into a classroom who really shouldn't be with each other.  Because I have classroom experience, she has informed me that starting tomorrow, she would start giving me some classroom instruction responsibilities with parts of the class.  I'm a little nervous, but mostly excited.  I'm starting to feel like a true teacher again (I just wished I was being paid like one).

No comments: